Eating small meals every few hours consisting of protein and veggies is the most reliable way that I know of to drop body fat and maintain a steady flow of energy throughout the day. It’s pretty darn tasty too, when you make the meals yourself!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 ½ lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry. Season with the salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a slow cooker, whisk the chicken broth, tomato paste, paprika and garlic. Add the seasoned chicken breast and the bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, flipping the chicken after 1 hour.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let cool for 20 minutes. Strain the broth. Use two forks to gently shred the chicken, discarding skin, fat, cartilage and bones. Store the chicken and broth separately in the fridge to use for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 191 calories, 5g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 960mg sodium, 0g fiber, and 34g protein.
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter