Dear PV Community,
In the wake of COVID-19, we would like to assure you that we are well aware of the heightened need for cleanliness, and remind you that we all need to do our part to avoid health issues for ourselves and those around us. Together we can rise above the panic and remain healthy, happy, and fit! We will continue to have staff wipe down doorknobs, seating, etc. and ask that you keep the following in mind:
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Please try to keep your hands away from your face.
- Please use different towels to wipe down the equipment and your face.
- Please wash your hands before and after your workout. Rinsing for 20 seconds has been found to be more important than soap (but still use it!)
- Please take extra care in wiping down the equipment you touch, including handles and seats. This includes free weights!
- Towels and sanitizer are available by the windows and in the free weight areas.
- Please do not share cups or water bottles.
- Please greet/celebrate by bumping elbows rather than shaking hands, high fiving, or hugging.
- Please find ways to exercise at home if you are wary of going out. Your workout activities (among other things) are a matter of personal choice.
We are supplying hand sanitizer as we can find it, but as you know it is in short supply. We will continue to search for sources with availability, but in the meantime please bring your own if you have it.
This crisis may have at least one benefit in the improvement of personal hygiene personally, as well as the awareness of cleanliness in regard to ourselves, our families, and our neighbors!
Tennis activities will remain as scheduled at this time, and the fitness center will remain open with group classes canceled until further notice. Daycare services are also suspended.
Thank you for your efforts and understanding.
John, Jean, Jeanette and all PVTFC Staff