Dear PV Community,
Thank you all for being patient during this crisis, and we hope that you continue to be as we search for our new normal. We have taken steps to make our members and employees as safe and comfortable as we can during the opening process, so please excuse the length of this email but read carefully. Whether or not your anxiety level regarding the pandemic is high or low, please respect the feelings of others and abide by the guidelines. We want everyone to feel safe and comfortable. Also remember that these changes are new for desk staff as well. Please be kind!
Reopening Monday, May 18th. Soft opening hours will be 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. These hours will apply through May.
What we have done and what we know
- Repaired the peak in fitness to allow for proper air exchange.
- Powerwashed outdoor courts, cracks will be filled and pickleball lines added to top three courts soon as weather and availability allows.
- Outdoor courts will need to be reserved effective immediately.
- We will be charging for outdoor court time as of June 1st. Stay tuned.
- All benches, chairs, and score cards have been removed from the courts to reduce “touch points”.
- Entry curtains to the courts have been flipped open so you don’t have to touch them
- Ball carts will be off limits to all members. Only the pro’s will handle the carts/club balls. Please note to bring or buy new balls when you come to play. This includes any non-prime time activities.
- Interior doors that can be propped open will be left open to reduce touch points.
- Locker rooms will be closed for now except for bathroom facilities. Please come dressed to play/workout.
- Shower towels and sweat towels will not be available. Sanitizing towels in fitness will be supplied along with sanitizing spray. Please bring your own court/sweat towels and remember that you will need to shower at home after your workouts for the initial phases of opening.
- Drinking fountains are off limits. Please note that bottled water is for sale or remember to bring your own.
- The Smoothie Bar will be closed for now.
- Cardio equipment and lifting stations have been spread out as much as possible to allow for social distancing.
- Pickleball hours will be Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Group fitness classes will remain available on Facebook but will not resume quite yet in the Studio.
- Personal/small group training is available with our personal trainers.
- Private/private group lessons are available for tennis and pickleball.
- Programmed group tennis lessons are on hold for now.
- The fitness center should be able to handle our normal volume. If it becomes an issue limits may be set.
- The bar will be closed for now, and the upstairs level available only to parents watching their children taking lessons.
- There will be no childcare available.
What we need you to do
- Please check in when you arrive. If you don’t have a scan card or you are a non-member please stop at the front desk to get a card or sign a waiver. This needs to be done for contact tracing purposes.
- Please use your club charge as much as possible to reduce the handling of cash. You will not be asked to sign credit card transactions.
- When you reserve a court be sure to specify if you want indoor or out, and include all players or all charges will go to your account. Notify the desk when you come to play if there has been a substitution so billing is accurate.
- Come dressed to play/workout as the locker rooms will be closed for now other than the bathrooms.
- Bring your own sweat towels, water (if you don’t want to buy bottled), and balls (also for sale).
- Bring hand sanitizer. We will have some larger spray bottles available at the front desk and a few logistic locations, but ask that you bring your own as we will not be able to keep up with demand.
- Be diligent about cleaning of any equipment, weights, or mats that you use.
- Mats will be available but if you plan to use them please bring a beach towel to lay on as they are difficult to sanitize.
- WASH HANDS <> WASH HANDS <> WASH HANDS <> WASH HANDS <> WASH HANDS <> WASH HANDS
- Maintain social distancing
- If you have a fever, cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath please stay home.
- Please respect the feelings of others and follow the guidelines so everyone can feel comfortable coming to workout or play.
- Please be patient with staff. This is new territory for everyone and we are all doing our best.
What we don’t know
- What the plan is for USTA summer state leagues.
- When the next phase of opening will begin, but we will communicate again by June 1st.
This is a very fluid situation with things changing all the time. We will keep you as updated via email so if you know someone who has not received this communication please have them call the club so we can update their email in the system.
Please continue to follow the guidelines that are in place so we can all remain healthy and active. Thank you again for your patience as we work things through, and we hope you are as happy as we are to have the doors open!
Stay safe and be well!
John, Jean, and staff